Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sharing my Adventure

Hello everyone - yes I am back from paradise. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend this trip to anyone. Ambergris Caye, Belize is a very relaxed place with great scenery, food, and diving. Central America for those of wondering where it is. We did 5 dives in all including the BLUE HOLE. (I feel like I should get a special patch for diving that one.) The Blue Hole is a dive desired by many divers around the world. It really was a once in a lifetime experience. The boat ride 2.5 hours out in the middle of the open water on a small boat was an experience in itself. Love the Dramamine! Then all of a sudden we felt like we were dropped right into a postcard titled "paradise." The dive was amazing, and terrifying all at one time. We dove to 150 ft with literally the abyss below us and to the side of us. I felt like Nemo's dad and Dory in the movie where they head down to find the mask that dropped. Then all of a sudden you see these huge stalagmites and stalactites. 20-40 ft long. Huge. Look to your side out in the water and sharks that look like baby great whites circling. Kinda crazy. I was pretty proud of myself for doing it and not freaking out! Truly once in a lifetime experience.


The other dives were incredible! The coral was huge and colorful - fish plentiful and lots of eels, rays, turtles, and sharks. I tried my first hand at underwater photography - sort of hard to get great composition as i float away. I tried. so I hope you enjoy a few pics from our latest adventure. I used the Canon G9 with a underwater housing - Love it!

Thanks for all the birthday cards! I had a wonderful 3..0.. stay tuned for lots of updates.
Our resort - Matachica



The Blue Hole - A Perfect circle that is a sink hole from the ice age. The dark blue is the outter rim.Half Moon Caye - Where we had our picnic lunch - we thought we might find Wilson from the movie castaway.

This is George - Friendly little guy who lived in the lagoon behind town.

No comments: